3.17.2011

going green

I love celebrating holidays, and there's something about green that is completely irresistible to me. 

Can you imagine Bryan's delight to wake up to biscuits and green gravy?  

I had fun making these cookies.  (I hesitate to add the link since Jaime's look infinitely better than mine)

No gross corned beef and cabbage around here (I've never actually had it, just sounds gross to me.)  We had homemade Cafe Rio salads with chicken marinated in salsa verde and with cilantro lime dressing- delish!

Because Bryan's company was incorporated on March 17th he got a day off!  We went on a St. Patrick's Day walk and enjoyed the beautiful green spring around us.

My little leprechaun girl

We finished celebrating St. Patty's in the very best way- watching BYU win!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Well my dear, you are missing out because corned beef is delicious. If you don't like cabbage you probably won't like it in this dish either but the corned beef with a little bit of mustard and potatoes and carrots is as good as any Sunday roast, which is exactly what we are saving it for at our house. I love your festiveness!

Suzie Soda said...

Anna P is right..you are missing out. It is delicious. I am making it for Sunday dinner tomorrow. And may I say I loved the green gravy and that cute Jillian in her St, Pat's outfit...she is so so so so cute.

Bmar said...

Green gravy tastes a ton better than it looks.

Lisa said...

Dang! There was a BYU game on St. Patrick's Day? How did I miss that?!