9.14.2008

Rise and Shout

This Saturday was a day to remember for the Martinez family, and for Cougar fans around the world. I'm not gonna lie, I went into the game a little nervous. We had won all our games so far, but let's be honest, they weren't that impressive. But, I put on my cougar blue and sunglasses and headed out into the football-perfect day.

And, it was a perfect day.

There was a slight predicament when we found two extremely tall (I realize that almost everyone is tall to me, but these girls were extremely tall) twins with HUGE red hair in our seats. Think about a combination of Ron Weasley, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Hagrid. That's what was sitting in our seats. I kindly informed them that they were in our seats, but they didn't move. I decided that I would give them a little bit because not everyone from our group was there yet. But, within a few minutes the rest of our group showed up and I took them on. I not only took them on, I defeated the redhead monsters. They didn't even know what had hit them. It was a great moment for me, I feel like I really gained a lot of respect, both from myself and from all bystanders.

But, back to the perfect day.

Let's just say the Bruins didn't leave Provo very happy that day. From our second row seats (in the south endzone) we witnessed 5 perfectly beautiful touchdowns. Those were only 5 of the 8 Cougar touchdowns. Guess how many touchdowns UCLA made? ZERO!!!! Guess how many points UCLA got? ZERO!!!!

We cheered until our lungs hurt, high fived until our hands hurt, stomped until our feet hurt. It really was a perfect day, and I'm so glad we got to spend it in a stadium full of 64,000 crazy and excited fans.

go cougs!

1 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Way to Go standing up for yourself! I know sometimes it scary. But you will be my inspiration.