9.07.2008

How minty are you?

It is no secret that my financial skills are lacking. In fact, the class I regret not taking the most at BYU was personal finance. It's not that I've ever had huge problems with money, I just don't keep track of what I have and how I'm spending it very well. It just seems like such a pain and I have no motivation. But, since I'm a team now, I feel a little more pressure to get on the ball and be more organized about things.

Step on the scene my dear friend/accountant extraordinaire Lisa. She told me about mint.com. It's a FREE site that is very safe. You put in all of your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, investments, etc. Then, they track it all for you. You can create a budget, and they create a nifty little graph that tells you how close you are to reaching your budget each month. It categorizes all of your expenses and shows you how close you are to your budget in each of those categories. The site also tells you how much you are worth, and let's just say it would not be a great idea to rob the Martinez family right now. It is fabulous, and I am finally motivated and excited about taking care of my finances.

So, thank you Lisa!!! You can now put on your resume that you saved a marriage :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Rach! I'm so glad you converted! I hope you like it as much as we do. p.s. Do you ever get the word verification wrong and consequently feel incompetent?

{amy k.} said...

I will have to check this out- sounds interesting! Thanks for the info!