9.20.2008

Happy Birthday Canyon Crest!

Last night we celebrated Canyon Crest's 25th Birthday. It was definitely a night to remember.

First, the Dance Festival. My kids got the crowd going with their knee-slappin Virginia Reel. They were cute and did a great job. After hours of practice, it feels good to finally have this over! Here they are:


The stellar sixth grade took us back to 1983 when C.C. opened with an awesome tribute to the 80's. Here's my favorite sixth grade teacher Tiffany in her rockin' outfit. Please note: the costume also included fabulous star earrings and a sweat band.

And, the crowning event- my miserable 20 minutes in the dunk tank. The kids loved it just as much as I hated it. Freezing cold water + very windy night + getting dunked about a dozen times + TONS of people watching = not a very happy Rachel. But, I made it through, and it's something I can tell my grandkids about (assuming I don't get pneumonia from this experience and never live to have grandkids!) Here are some pics for you to enjoy.


falling in!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

You are a good sport..memories in the making.

Lisa said...

Very ominous looking outside. That'll teach THEM to put Rachel in a dunk tank!