6.23.2015

A summer weekend

Bryan has started his summer schedule at work so he works an extra hour ever day and gets every other Friday off.  Not only has he been going into work an hour early but also staying late many nights so he could finish all of his projects.  After a long week we felt so happy and lucky to have him for a full day. We went to Hammerman Beach, a little beach area on the bay.  Our little fishies played in the water nearly all day, we ate a full package of oreos and an entire bag of doritos (and some healthy food too, promise!), we read and took naps.  It was really, really great.





On Saturday Bryan spent all morning helping a friend move and then came home and spent all afternoon working on our house.  That night we got a babysitter and went to see Jurassic World.  While in the movie I got an alert on my phone that there was a tornado warning in our area.  I was freaking out and texted the babysitter (who is awesome) that maybe she should take the girls down to the basement.  She did, and sent me this sweet picture of them asleep downstairs.  Never was I so grateful for a competent babysitter.  A little while later the power went out in the movie theater and they sent us all home.  By the time we got to our car in the parking garage and left the worst of the storm was over, there were just thunderstorms for the rest of the night.  But it was definitely a night to remember (and now we need to see the last 20 minutes of Jurassic World!)


By Sunday the storms had cleared away for a hot Father's Day.  After church, naps, and dinner we went out to the lake so Bryan and the girls could throw rocks and sticks.  It was an appropriate day for Jilly to tell me "I like you, but I like Daddy the best."  Can't say I blame her at all.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like fun! We are so excited to see y'all (hey, I'm moving to the South, I can say this right?) later this week!!