12.12.2014

five on friday

{one} Mattie's nap has shrunk from 3-4 hours to 1-2 hours and Jilly's once or twice a week naps have decreased to never ever ever so both girls are totally out by 7:00 most nights.  Last Friday we put the girls to bed, got our own treat, and watched a movie (Maleficent) all by 8:45.  I am really really loving my long, productive evenings.  



{two} If you had told me 365 days ago that I'd call 42 degrees and sunny a really nice day I would have told you that someone had slipped a lil' somethin somethin in your egg nog.  But, that's our reality these days and we're slowly becoming proficient at bundling up and taking advantage of any sunshine we can find.



{three} Mattie is just killing me with how perceptive she is.  One night I was making dinner and suddenly Mattie was getting out the plates and forks before I'd even had a chance to ask Jilly to set the table.  Another day she brought me her baby and said "so cu-ute" in the exact tone I would say it.  In the mornings she'll sometimes bring Bryan his shoes when she knows he's about to leave.


{four} This week a friend and I did a babysitting swap so we could each do some Christmas shopping sans kids.  It was the most relaxing and efficient morning I've had in a very, very long time.  I even zipped through the Chick-fil-A drive thru to get myself a little treat (and eliminated all evidence before picking the girls up.)

{five} Jilly has been begging to make gingerbread cookies so we busted out the rolling pin on Wednesday night.  Clearly we have a future in cookie decorating.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for kids in bed by 7! Woo-hoo! Although...not gonna lie...not sure I'm going to live without my kid-free afternoons. Blake's still going strong with his 3+ hour naps, so maybe I won't have to.