9.05.2014

It's Friiiiiiiday!


1. This week I have been acutely aware that this stage in our lives is fleeting.  We won't always have all the time in the world to read books, dress-up, play at the park, go to story time, play Uno, and wander Target.  Sometimes an empty schedule drives me batty, but this week I was so, so grateful for this time when these girls are all mine every day all day.  

2.  For a multitude of reasons (some lbs and some not) we decided to join a gym.  The girls and I went "gym shopping" one day and when we left the YMCA they were both in tears because they wanted to stay and play.  So, it wasn't exactly a difficult decision.  On Monday we went to sign up and the guy told us we came on the very best day.  Not only were they doing a special where they waived the $100 registration fee, but they were also offering a free month.  The only thing that could have made it better was free ice cream sundaes in the parking lot (which there were not.)  Getting a break from my (always delightful and never whiny or fighting) girls is my very best motivation to exercise, so I think this is going to work well for all of us.  



3.  This was the first week since moving here that the temperature reached 90 degrees (and we moved in early July!)  This has been an unusually mild summer and you will never ever ever hear me complain.  Despite our September heat we checked out a brand new park nearby.  Swinging is my girls' love language and no temperature can deter their passion.

4.  Oh Miss Mattie.  Her love of clothes -more specifically other peoples' clothes- is as strong as ever.  Exhibit A: She found my sock drawer and loves to find my brightest pairs, Exhibit B: Jilly's nightgown, which she actually slept in.  I think it makes her look like Cindy Lou Whoo and I love it and will let her wear this nightgown any and every night Jilly allows.  


5.  Yesterday during Mattie's nap I turned on the audiobook of Frog and Toad Are Friends for Jilly.  She curled up next to me and fell right to sleep (I remember loving Frog and Toad, but apparently they've lost their appeal in the past 20 years.)  Suddenly I found myself with free time.  It had been so long since this occurred I honestly had no clue what to do.  I sat around just basking in the quiet for a few minutes then instead of cleaning the bathroom (like I really should have done) I watched Gilmore Girls and worked on a Christmas project (yes Christmas! I have to start early if I ever want to finish anything.)  It was delightful.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I bet I can guess what Christmas project you were working on! And my Peyton shares your girls' love for swings. She could swing every day and never ever get tired of it!

Lisa said...

Cindy loo who for sure! Okay seriously, is anyone else alarmed about how grown up Jilly is looking lately?! This morning out of the blue, Blake asked, "where's Jilly?!" So glad you're loving the gym, although I am also disappointed about the lack of ice cream sundaes.

Emily said...

What are you making the girls for Christmas? I want to do something homemade for Elise but haven't settled on the "right" project yet! I need some inspiration!