9.26.2014

five on friday


1- Oh Autumn.  Sweaters, soup, a cool breeze, leaves, football, pumpkins, new tv shows, apple-picking, perfect weather.  This week has been absolutely delightful, and I'll take many, many more just like it.

2- After Mattie's antics on Monday I'm afraid things didn't get much better.  Apparently she's decided to start her terrible two's 8 months early.  Her bad behavior culminated yesterday when she threw my phone at my face, leaving me with a painful fat lip.  But when she's not being a demon, she's a cuddly, happy, sweet angel and her vocabulary is exploding, which is so much fun.        

3- We had a little scare this week when Jilly fell in love with a Rainbow Barbie dress at Target.  She's been fully committed to an Elsa costume for the past year.  So committed that we have an Elsa dress hidden in my closet (thanks to her Nana who saved the day by finding one at Costco and mailing it to us.)  We took a picture of the Barbie dress at Target and Jilly talked about it/stared at the picture nonstop for a couple days but I think we've finally talked her down from the ledge and are safely on Team Elsa again.

4- I re-watched the last few episodes of Gilmore Girls this week.  Never ever in the history of television has there been a more perfect series finale.  Bryan watched with me (or sat next to me watching something else on the computer) and was a little underwhelmed by the show and overwhelmed by my emotions while watching.

5- We got out our Halloween decorations and the girls have been feasting on four-year-old candy corn we found in the box (literally, it was one of those stuffed animals that's full of candy and I know we got it that long ago.)  So far neither of the girls has gotten sick, and Mattie has finally mastered signing please in return for the candy so I'm just gonna go with it.

Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

kali said...

Amen to #1

Shauna said...

I've had Corbyn's Batman costume in my closet since the end of August and have been praying he doesn't change his mind at the last minute. (Especially since he has been showing an interest in Spider-Man lately.) Glad you were able to talk her off the ledge!

Also, I'm getting close to watching the Gilmore Girls finale and I've been anticipating it. Couldn't agree with you more! Best finale ever!