10.22.2013

Retro Homemaking

I think I've mentioned before that I'm in charge of the activities our Relief Society does.  A couple weeks ago we had such a fun activity- we called it a Retro Homemaking Night.  This little activity completely consumed my life for a few weeks so I was thrilled it turned out well.


We gathered lots of vintage items to decorate with
including some yearbooks from the 50s - so fun


We had candies from the 50s and punch of course

Along the walls we hung a few aprons and ads from the 50s
My favorite ad (I think I need some New Ivory Soap)
How cool are these drive-thru speakers?

We also had 50s music playing which was really fun.  For our opener, we did a presentation on how to perfectly iron (including Clinton Kelly's Ironing Song) then we had two other classes.  We made Cherry Pies in a Jar, which were so cute and dee-licious (instructions here)



And made aprons using this Apron in an Hour Tutorial.  This is where I spent the whole night sewing away.




Everyone looked so, so cute in their retro attire and we had a blast!  

Inspiration for the activity found here, here, and here.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks like fun (and a lot of work)! I bet you're glad to be done!

Shauntel said...

Darling.

I want to plan a retro party now. Sooo fun!

Jessy Carlisle said...

Ok I really wish I was in your ward. This looks like so much fun!! And way better than ANY Relief Society activity I've ever been to! Good job girlfriend.

Lisa said...

Rach, this turned out amazing!!! No surprise, since you were in charge. Seriously impressed, though. I'd suggest this to our RS committee, but I think I'd rather hoard it until I have to plan a big activity. :) you're incredible!