10.04.2013

five

1- With it being the first week of October I felt that sloppy joes were in order.  I made this recipe and Bryan, the self-proclaimed sloppy joe hater, and Jilly, the picky toddler, scarfed them down.  Chalk one up for Rachel (and Mel.)

2- Mattie got her first little cut this week (we let her hold a straw and she used it to scrape her nose.)  Good thing she has a big sister around to hook her up with a Dora bandaid.  (Someone gave us these pajamas when Jilly was little and she wore them many times.  When I put them on Mattie I realized for the first time that they are definitely "boy pajamas"- nothing gets past me.) 



3- Pigtail braids made an appearance this week and it was love at first sight. (These pictures are at the zoo with Jilly's bestie Kylie)
 

4- Yesterday I heard Mattie on the monitor waking up from the world's shortest nap.  She was making happy noises so I just let her be until Jilly asked if she could go check on her.  Then I heard in the monitor, "YAY!!!  Baby Mattie is awake!  Hooray!"  For the next few minutes I heard Jilly talking and being silly while Mattie laughed so hard.  Sisters are the best best best.


5- This is one of my favorite weekends of the year; we get to stay at home and watch excellent messages from our church leaders.  If you'd like to learn more about what I believe, tune in!

 Come listen to living prophets

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Rach, you really shouldn't put so many cute things in one post. Makes it too overwhelming to comment on.
Bandaid: hilarious and adorable.
Sister talk: dang it, Rach! You need to video record the baby monitor or something because I need to see this! So precious! (We take videos of Blake singing to himself at night--it's pretty cute)

Braids: love!!!