10.18.2013

friday five

Mission Accomplished-  We took away (she gave up?) Jilly's pacifier this week.  It hasn't been as terrible awful as it could be, but at night she especially misses it.  Sleep has felt like a long lost besty-best friend.  And, her saddest quote of the week- "Being a big girl is hard."  But, she did get her Aurora dress and boy oh boy she loves it.


Baby Miles-  The girls and I headed down to San Jose for the day to meet Sweet Baby Miles.  We all love him so much, and had a great day hanging out with his mom and big brother too.




Swinger- We put Mattie in the swing for the first time this week and she seemed to be a big fan.

Divergent- I've finally gotten out of my reading slump!  I had heard lots of good things about Divergent by Veronica Roth but was hesitant to start another dystopian trilogy.  But I got it to listen to on my drive and loved it so, so much.  It's kind of a mix between Hunger Games and Matched, and it definitely has the best love story of the three.  I miss listening to it (the narrator is excellent) and am dying that I have to wait on the hold list for the next book. 

Fall- I realize I'm the first person ever to say this, but I am totally in love with fall.  The weather is perfect, the leaves are beautiful, and there are so many fun things to do.  I kind of don't want this month to ever end.

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

She (you) did it!

Oh, the sadness. That was my hardest part. The missing of the best friend binky. So proud of that Jilly (and her mom)! :)

And really, let's let this month go on FOREVER.

Lisa said...

Being a big girl is hard. :) love that Jilly. So glad you girls came to visit!!