10.07.2013

a wonderful weekend

Jilly had a sleepover at her Nana and Papa's on Friday so Bryan and I (and Mattie) went on a date.  We got sushi, and Bryan has mentioned at least 15 times since then how much he likes sushi and that we need to go more often.  
Saturday was mostly taken up by General Conference.  We also did some projects around the house, looked at cars (a minivan may be in our future- gulp), and drove out to Bryan's parents' house in the evening.

On Sunday morning we started conference with yummy cinnamon rolls, then kept busy listening and entertaining Jilly.


 Between sessions we visited 100-year-old Grandma Croshaw, my girls' great-great-grandma.  She kept saying the girls were little smarties, told Bryan he was a big boy, and told me I'd be a big boy soon. Every few minutes she'd also let out an "oh hell."  It was a nice visit.

Bryan's brother Jeff brought his new Harley and I surprised everyone (including myself) by agreeing to go for a ride.  He went easy on me and it was actually pretty fun.

I don't know that I have a favorite talk from this conference (at least not yet.)  But, I did come away with many sweet gems.  Lately I've been more stressed and less kind to my family than I should be, and I came away with a new determination to fix this.  I also feel so grateful for the many reminders of what a blessing it is to be a wife and mother, and how valuable I can be in this role.  Lastly I feel so comforted to know that I am part of a bigger plan and have a Heavenly Father who knows and loves me.

2 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

I need conference activities! Will you send me links to some.

Lisa said...

"Oh hell". :) lol. I saw those conference activities but do you think I actually bothered making them? You are amazing!
Mmm...now I really, REALLY want sushi...