5.10.2013

friday five

1. I generally shy away from pictures of my pregnant self, but on Sunday I caught a glimpse of my profile and decided it had to be documented.  I find it difficult to believe that really is my body and there really is a living, growing sweet little girl in there.

2. About a year ago we started a savings account for Jilly at Wells Fargo.  They gave her this horse which has sat in her stuffed animal basket until this week when suddenly she is obsessed with it.  We all know that every princess has a prince and all princes must ride a horse so I'm assuming that's where the sudden fixation came from. 

3. Going along with Jilly's love of the horse is her new favorite line in Sleeping Beauty.  When Prince Philip hears Aurora singing in the woods he offers his horse carrots to go out of their way to find her.  But when the horse throws Philip into a pond he says "No Carrots."  This little line sends Jilly into a fit of giggles and she repeats it all the time.

4. Bryan and Jilly both have birthdays in November which means they both have half birthdays this month.  My policy is to never pass up an opportunity for cake so we had half of our favorite cake this week to celebrate.  

5.  10 more days!  That's one day shy of single-digits. (Unless the little dear decides to come late, in which case she will start out life with a mother who is slightly annoyed.)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You look awesome!! You really do--you are the ideal pregnant beauty: skinny and fit everywhere, with a beautiful belly. I wish I looked like that! I'm afraid there will be a LOT of swelling involved with this pregnancy. And love the half a cake, such a cute idea. :)

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

OOOO I miss you guys and I am jealous that I didn't get a piece of that delicious cake! I can't wait for my new niece to get here!!! Jilly is going to be a wonderful big sis..I cried when I was reading your letter to her. Keep us updated...Love you

Michelle said...

you look so much like your mom in that picture. how she used to look at least. and not pregnant, but everything else :)