5.13.2013

a baby-free weekend

On Friday some friends threw me the most lovely shower.  It was in my friend Megan's backyard, which is already to die for.  But they added lots of icicle lights, glittery gold candles, and gorgeous flowers.  Seriously, it looked so beautiful.  We all sat around chatting for hours; I finally looked at my phone and was shocked to see that it was 11:30pm (this is coming from the girl who thinks going to bed at 11 is late.)  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures until the very end so I didn't get any group pictures.


Everyone was so generous- we got some cute outfits for baby girl (helpful since she is coming at the exact opposite time of year as Jillian), blankets, and Megan made these adorable dolls; I can't wait to see both my girls playing with their dolls together!

Then on Saturday Bryan, Jilly, and I packed up a picnic and headed to Folsom Lake.  Jillian is even more of a fish than she was last year.  She loved being in the water, especially since Daddy was so fun to play with.
And her close second favorite thing to do was sit in her little chair drinking juice
 We found tons of ladybugs (yes, necklaces are necessary at the lake)
 We all loved having a day to just hang out together

Bryan and Jilly really spoiled me on Mother's Day.  I got to sleep in, we had french toast for breakfast,  they gave me flowers and new pajamas, we skyped with my family, had a nice day at church, and then ate gyros for dinner (which were an amazing recommendation from my bff Lisa.)  I'm so lucky to have  these two!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Lookin good lady!! You'll have so much fun with two. I love seeing all your projects btw. Happy baby time! Good luck.

Lisa said...

The shower looked beautiful! i'm always worried Jilly will forget her necklaces--so glad she brought them to the lake. ;)