5.09.2013

To my sweet Jilly,

Some big changes are coming our way.  It's not going to be just you and me together during the day anymore.  We're going to have a baby sister join us.  In all honesty, I'm kind of scared about adding a new little person to our mix: a new schedule, another car seat to buckle, an extra person to keep happy.  But at the same time I am over the moon excited for you to have a sister.

Trust me, I know all about being a big sister.  I know sometimes it really stinks that you'll have to share me with someone else.  But, I promise, we are going to love her so, so much.

You have a very important job- you must be her best friend and teach her everything you know.  She'll need to learn about princesses and dresses, how to make up funny songs like you do, and where the best places are to hide when playing with Daddy.  She is so lucky to have you as her big sister.

And please always remember that I love love love you.  No matter what, you'll always be my Jilly, my first little girl, my buddy.

xoxo, Mommy


3 comments:

Shauntel said...

This made me teary. :)

I remember these last days with my first baby, my little friend. I remember realizing EVERYTHING was changing and worrying about my Belle and how she'd adjust.

But then Lou arrived. And everything DID change. And just like the magic before with Belle, everything was magic again. Much busier, much more stressful, but perfect.

Soon Jilly will realize that you've given her the best gift ever - a sister and BFF.

And heaven knows we know about sisters. :)

Good luck my friend. So excited for you!

Emily said...

I'm glad to see Shauntel said it made her teary, because it did to me too!! I can certainly relate to what you are going through! I have just had the best morning with my little 'Lise and it's hard to think of all the changes that are coming and these sweet little ones just have no idea! But really, aren't siblings the BEST friends you could ever have? Such a sweet post! Jilly is going to be an awesome big sis!

Heather said...

I had a serious bawl fest right before my #2 was born. I felt so guilty and sad. Now that those two little boys are the best of friends and make each other laugh all the time and play choo choos together, I can't imagine life any other way. Your girls will be the same way in no time! (only with princessy girly funness...)