12.03.2012

Weekend Accomplishments

This weekend it rained and rained and rained and rained.  Except for going to church and a little drive to look at Christmas lights, I have not left my house since Friday at 4pm.  But, we have gotten a lot done:

I learned how to sew bias tape (still need a lot of practice, but I can do it.)

Bryan the plumber fixed our clogged sink

Jilly undecorated the bottom half of our Christmas tree

We watched our friends' two cute boys (they watched Jilly a couple weeks ago so we could go out so it was our turn to babysit)

I made Tootz's White Chili (we were all licking our bowls)

We decorated a Gingerbread House (and by we I mean Bryan decorated and Jilly and I ate candy)

We mailed our Christmas cards

Bryan and I both worked on some different church assignments

I scrubbed the refrigerator

We each took at least 2 naps

Bryan worked in the garage

I painted my nails Christmas red

And, perhaps most impressive and terrifying- Jilly learned to get out of her crib.  At 5:45 on Friday morning I woke up to her yelling "Mommy, mommy!"  When I got into the hall I realized her voice was not coming from her bedroom but from downstairs.  Jillian was just sitting on the couch in the dark living room, and when I got down she said, "lights lights!" and pointed at the Christmas tree for me to turn the lights on.  Thankfully she hasn't repeated the trick yet.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Elise learned how to climb out of her crib about 2 weeks ago and I was NOT ready for that!! If you are interested in keeping her in here is what worked for us: We simply turned her crib around! The "back" of her crib that would normally be along the wall is higher than the front of the crib so we just did a 180 with it. Not is is to tall for her to climb her way out- problem solved! It's scary when they do that huh? Sorry about all the rain- such a bummer!! Sounds like you guys got a lot accomplished though! thanks for the recipe, we'll have to try it out!! I hope you liked this run-on paragraph!!

Lisa said...

I can't believe Jilly can get out of her crib!! That's crazy!