12.18.2012

Peace on Earth

I've been really struggling with last week's shootings in Connecticut.  As a teacher, I've gone over and over in my mind what I would have done to protect my children.  I've hoped that I would be brave and have a clear mind to know what to do.  As a mother, I can barely even think about the prospect of losing my child in such a horrific way.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are suffering, and I've been sure to squeeze my Jilly extra tight over the last few days.  

I've always loved "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," but the lyrics seem extra special this year.

"And in despair I bowed my head;
'There is no peace on earth,' I said;  
'For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!'

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men.'"

image via

2 comments:

Christina (Cha) said...

I love this so much! Thanks for posting. Hope you guys are having fun.

Lisa said...

perfect. As always, Rach, you know just what to say.