12.04.2012

Grandma's Chocolate Pie

For Thanksgiving this year one of my responsibilities was chocolate pie.  I was pretty excited about this because my grandma's chocolate pie is amazing, but also nervous because it was my first time ever making it on my own.   They weren't quite as good as my grandma's or my mom's, but no one in Bryan's family knew the difference so they worked quite nicely.

1 8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 beaten egg yolks, and 2 whites
1 6 oz package chocolate chips, melted (I added a handful more because I like them chocolatey)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup cup chopped nuts (my grandma always makes one with nuts and one without, but since I was in charge this time we just had two pies without nuts)
graham cracker crust

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.  Stir in egg yolks.  Add melted chocolate chips.  Beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form.  Gradually beat in sugar.  Fold into chocolate mixture. Beat 1 cup heavy cream.  Fold into mixture. Add chopped nuts.  Will freeze nicely (I made them on Monday and stuck them in the freezer til Thanksgiving dinner.)

1 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Omg I want to make one right now. After eating your chocolate bunt cake and now your chocolate pie I am begining to think you are a genious with chocolate. Are you sure you don't want to stay here for Christmas and make more chocolate treats?