12.14.2012

Five on Friday: Baby Edition

Thanks for your kind baby wishes!  Here are the details thus far-

1.  Our due date is May 20th.  We have family members with birthdays on May 16th, 18th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, and 31st.  I would really love for this baby to have his/her own birthday but that may not happen.

2.  We talk about the baby with Jilly, but I'm not sure she really gets it.  She looooves babies, so hopefully she'll cope with the big change pretty well.

3.  Since I had a girl before, my brain just automatically assumes I will have a girl again.  I call the baby "she" and "her" all the time, not because I really think it's a girl but because I keep forgetting that boy babies do exist.  Bryan, on the other hand, exclusively calls the baby "he" and "him" in hopes that use of these pronouns will produce desired results.  In reality, we'll both be thrilled with no matter what comes our way.  I'll be 20 weeks right around New Year's and traveling (again) so we'll find out sometime later in January what we're having.

4.  I felt yucky mid September through mid November.  Sleep was my very best friend and meal preparation was basically nonexistent (unless you count cereal, ramen, pancakes, and the occasional BLT.)  Jilly, and especially Bryan, were saints during this time.  Glad to be back in full swing.

5.  This pregnancy has wreaked havoc on my emotions.  I cry daily, and about everything.  I've cried during almost every single movie, tv show, book, news report, blog post, article, etc. that I've seen in the past few months.  I think the ultimate was when I cried reading chick fil a stories.  Seriously, I am embarrassing to myself.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!! I've been hoping for more details since we heard! So fun that you are due only 8 days before me! The race is on!! Just kidding, I'm pretty sure I'll be late so it's all yours! I'm happy to hear you've been feeling better. Excited to hear what you'll be having soon!

Lisa said...

Laughing at the chick-fil-a stories. :) And I didn't know you had so many May birthdays!! Crazy! Now that it's out, I hoping for many more pregnancy updates! :)

Monica said...

OHhhhhh! I am so excited for you--and especially to find out what you're having. PS: I think we might now live remotely near each other, although I'm not sure which town you are in. We're in Walnut Creek--close at all? PPS: I made your pumpkin chocolate chip bread and ate the full two loaves by myself in less than a week. Freeze it! It's delicious just slightly warmed from the freezer.

Steph said...

Congratulations! This is great news :) Also glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jenna said...

So exciting, congrats! When I saw the picture of Jilly on facebook a little while ago I didn't catch on at first. I was like why are people congratulating her?! haha. Glad you're feeling better. And I remember crying over everything too. No matter what kind of movie it was, I'd cry about something. Fun times. :) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!