6.21.2012

Garden Party

I am in charge of the activities for the Relief Society in my church.  This month we had our annual Garden Party.  It was a ton of work, but I had a lot of fun planning a party on the church's dime. :)  Things were really crazy in the moments before the party so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked to.  


We went with a summery theme- lots of pink, orange, and yellow.  The tables had bright tablecloths with white gardenias as the centerpieces.  I made a few pennant banners and we found some cute yellow lanterns at the dollar store.  We served Italian Sodas, which were so yummy and fun.  Luckily there was extra syrup so they will be making an encore at future activities!



The rest of the food was a-mazing too.  Someone in our ward is a caterer and he grilled chicken for us, the women signed up to bring salads, and for dessert we had lemonade pies.  We made them with raspberry lemonade and put cool whip and a raspberry on top (after I took the picture of course.)  These cute cups were from the dollar store

One of the best parts of the night was the Photo Booth.  I made fringe banners from this tutorial and hung them on the trellis (not that you can see them in this picture.)  The props were from here and here.  (Thank you pinterest!)

0 comments: