6.22.2012

five on friday

1.  On Sunday I had a major Mom Moment.  Jilly needed her diaper changed during Sacrament Meeting so we left, walking by about half the congregation.  When I got to the restroom my friend was there and said, "Oh Rachel, you have a fruit snack stuck to your bum."  Excellent.

2. I taught Jilly "The Wheels on the Bus" this week.  She loved to roll her hands and begged me to sing all day long.  The next morning I wasn't sure she'd remember but within 10 minutes of waking up she started rolling her hands asking to sing the song.

3.  Jilly picked out this book at the library last week.  One night she gave it to Bryan to read, and out of his mouth came the funniest black lady voice I've ever heard.  We beg him to read it every night now.


4. I always assumed that Jilly still took 2 naps a day because she woke up so early but this week I finally came to the conclusion that maybe she was waking up so early because she took 2 naps during the day.  For the past 3 days I've been giving her only 1 nap and it's been tough- a very tired and grouchy girl by the end of the day- but it's working!  She has been sleeping til 6:30 or 7 which is heaven compared to 5am!

5. I've been doing a lot of sewing this week so Jilly found something to keep her occupied.


1 comments:

Shauna said...

The transition from two to one nap was pretty tough, but that's great that she's sleeping later in the morning! You should record Bryan's black lady voice and put it on here. Sounds awesome!