5.03.2012

Baby Beluga

In first grade my teacher often played music on a record player (gah, I'm old.)  On your birthday you got to choose the song, and I was so so excited to choose my very favorite song "Baby Beluga."

That summer we took a family trip to Yellowstone and I remember sitting in the car with my cousin singing "Baby Beluga, Baby Beluga" at the top of our lungs.  No doubt the adults thought we were just adorable.  (Ashley, do you remember this at all?)

Last week I noticed that our library had a wide CD collection and as I was perusing I found a Baby Beluga CD!  We brought it home and have been listening on repeat.  I'm not sure that Jilly appreciates it as much as I do, nor is she impressed that I can sing along, but I love sharing little things like this with her.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I actually can't stand that song!! I think it is because there was an episode of Full House where Michelle Tanner sings that over and over and over again, do you remember that one?

Isn't it funny the memories we attach to songs? So happy you are able to go down memory lane- I'm sure Jilly will sing along with you in no time :)

Jana said...

Raffi!!!!!!!! Ahhh! i love him. I'm going to check out that cd the next time we're at the library!

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

haha Totally remember! So funny! I love that song too:) it's probably one of the only kid songs I can remember the whole song to! Probably from that summer!!