5.25.2012

five on friday

1. Bryan walked in the door Monday evening and told me he was "in mourning."  On his bike ride home from work he ran over and killed a squirrel.  He's felt terrible about it all week.

2.  Jilly graduated to a booster seat this week and meal times have been much, much more pleasant.


3.  My mom hates bananas.  So, naturally, I assumed I hated them too and never really ate them growing up.  Then I went off to college and surprise! I like bananas.  Banana bread was also a new concept to me, but one that I have embraced as a welcome solution to brown, mushy, old bananas.  I made this banana bread this week and it is tasty.

4.  It's been fun this spring to discover the flowers around our neighborhood.  Right next to our house we have this beauty-
and it makes me so happy because it reminds me of this lovely day-

5.  We were planning to go camping tonight with Bryan's parents, but the forecast is not looking very good.  I'm not a huge camper in the first place, so camping in the rain is basically my worst nightmare.  Solution: Bryan and his dad are camping (die hards) while Jilly, my mother-in-law, and I enjoy soft beds, indoor plumbing, and electricity for the night.  In the morning we'll meet up with them, and that will be plenty wilderness experience for me.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I hope Jilly lasts longer in her booster seat than Corby did in his. I miss the days when he would sit there without a fight!

Christina (Cha) said...

Yay for not camping! I am loving the booster seat too. So fun. It was so fun hanging out with you guys this week. Let's do it again soon.