2.15.2011

a LOVEly day

Yesterday I missed teaching more than I ever had before.  Valentine's Day was my favorite day of school- valentine's boxes, parties, handing out valentines, writing love stories- it was all so fun and exciting.  Nevertheless, it was a very wonderful Valentine's Day around here.

It started on Sunday morning when Bryan made yummy pancakes for breakfast.


On Monday we woke up to a great surprise- my cute new friends Miranda and Emily heart attacked our door!

After braving the rain to go to the grocery store Jilly and I cuddled up for a Valentine's nap- delightful.

When Bryan came home I made Chicken Bryan from Carrabba's (my mom gave me a book for Christmas that has recipes from lots of different restaurants.)  Yes, it really is called chicken bryan, that may be part of the reason why we like it so much.  The other reason is that it is what we ate four years ago on Valentine's Day after Bryan proposed to me!  We also opened presents- a bumbo for Jilly, a hat for Bry, and the Harry Potter cookbook and some beautiful flowers for me!
(that white blur is a pacifier falling)


When Jilly went to bed Bryan and I ate cookie pie, played Scrabble, and watched Enchanted, what a great husband I have!

Hope your day was lovely too!

3 comments:

Samara Reynolds said...

Jillian has some real personality in these recent pics! She is just gorgeous and adorable. :) Happy valentines, love!

Jenna said...

Sounds wonderful! Aren't you lovin' the bumbo? It's pretty great. Our engagement anniversaries are close together. Josh proposed the day before V-day (our 6 month anniv. of dating) 3 years ago! :)

Suzie Soda said...

So glad you have some cute new friends. That ws fun they heart-attacked you. Sounds like a great Valentine's Day. Mine wasn'r quite as fun with my knee...but I had lots of calls, visitors and emails..which made the day go as best as good be expected. xoxo