2.07.2011

Folding a Fitted Sheet

For years fitted sheets have frustrated me.  I could never figure out how to fold them, so they would inevitably end up wadded up in a messy pile.  I thought it was impossible to fold them nicely until I saw Martha Stewart on Oprah giving instructions on how to fold sheets.  Martha may be great at many things (like committing a felony) but she is terrible at teaching how to fold a fitted sheet.  I tried to follow along but she went totally fast and didn't even show how to do it.  She started the process then some helpful behind the scenes guy brought out the finished product. Lame.  But I decided that in 2011 I was going to master folding a fitted sheet and spotted this tutorial to help me.  I used it today and while it doesn't look perfect, my folded fitted sheet looks immensely better than it used to.

The best part of the tutorial is when she says, "One of the greatest challenges in your life will be learning to fold a fitted sheet."  Sign me up for that life.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I've seen this video - still can't fold a fitted sheet. I guess it takes a lot of practice!! While I don't wad and stuff, I prefer the fold a roll method :)

Lisa said...

Soooo awesome! I need to pull this up next time I'm folding a fitted sheet and practice.

Shauna said...

I come back to this post every time I have to fold a fitted sheet. Thanks for sharing!