2.08.2011

Dad's Visit

We loved having my dad here for the weekend.  We wanted to show him everything great about the Sacramento area.  Almost everyone I've talked to associates Folsom with the Folsom Prison and Johnny Cash so I thought we'd check out the Folsom Prison Museum.  Turns out it's really not that great.  It was teeny tiny and very low-budget; it took us approximately 20 minutes to see everything there.  The most exciting part was when we missed the parking lot and almost entered the actual prison gates.  A friendly police officer authorized me to do an illegal u-turn to get back to where we needed to be.  It felt quite exhilarating to do something so risky right outside a prison!

On Saturday morning we strapped Jillian in the BOB (looove my new stroller) and went on a run together.  Bryan and Dad were very kind to go slow for me for the first few miles then I took Jilly home and the guys did their real run.

That afternoon we took advantage of the 75 degree weather (come visit us!) and explored downtown Sacramento.  Turns out it was museum day so we got to go in the Train Museum for free.  It was a great museum, but super crowded.  I think it may be worth it to pay and go back when it isn't wall to wall strollers and people.

Dad, Bry, and Jilly by the American River and some cool buildings 

Old Town Sacramento 

Our little family enjoying the train museum

Jilly loved having her grandpa here to play with her

1 comments:

Judi said...

You look so cute!!!!!! I want to hold your cute baby soooo bad! I am trying to convince Mike that when Lisa's baby is born that I absolutely NEED to go to northern california for a visit. So cute.