12.04.2010

Just me and my girl

This past week was my first week home alone with Jillian.  We LOVED having my mom here for the first week- I really don't think we would have made it through that week without her.  Then Bryan was able to take off all of Thanksgiving week so that was a lot of fun.  I was very nervous for this week, but Jilly and I had a great time.  I learned that the key is to make a list of the things I think I can accomplish during the day then cut it in half and if I get that much done, it's a good day.  

When I do get anything done it's because of this marvelous invention.  Jilly loves her swing, and I love that it allows me to take a shower every once in a while!

I was delighted to find that my daughter is a champion shopper.  She loves riding in her stroller and never makes a peep.  She's already been to Target and Jo-Anns four times each in her three weeks of life!

Jilly also loves her bath (now that she can have a real one.)  I love cuddling her in her cute towel afterward.

We love listening to Christmas music together.  I'm enjoying this time when she can't get mad at me for singing along- I'm sure one day she won't enjoy that as much.

Taking naps together is another one of our favorite things.

Jillian also got to spend some time with her dad this week while I went to my Relief Society Christmas party.  I think they were secretly sad when I came back home.   
(She's yawning, not crying here, and her shirt says "Daddy adores me" which is oh so true)

Altogether it's been a great week.  I think this little girl is a keeper.

5 comments:

Heather said...

She is so so sweet! I was SO overwhelmed the first few days I was home alone with a baby! I think most new moms are :) It just takes a while to get used to each other and your new life. Good thing babies are so forgiving :)

Shauna said...

She is so cute! So true that you have to cut your to do list in half! Isn't it amazing how one little person makes accomplishing things so much more difficult?!

Lisa said...

So cute! I cannot get enough pictures of this girl. I'm glad she likes Christmas music and shopping as much as her mom. I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)

Judi said...

Oh so cute! I love the pictures!

Suzie Soda said...

Can't wait to meet her. She is a cutie pie.....and so are you 2. xoxo