11.30.2010

Prudent Advice


This book was written by Jaime Morrison Curtis who blogs at Prudent Baby.  She is also Bryan's boss' daughter-in-law and that is how I obtained a signed copy (there's something magical about having a book signed by the author is there not?)  Jaime compiled 500 pieces of advice for her baby daughter Scarlet Jane.

Here are some of my favorites:

#24 Don't lie, except to comfort people.

#82 Anytime you are debating whether to shower or not, take the shower.

#157 If you want to leave a party and you don't have a good excuse, spill something on yourself

#213 Create a sense of family wherever you are.
Find people to love and love them unconditionally.

#241 Your future together is not a great subject to discuss on a first date.

#484 Know that I am proud of you.
Every halting gesture bursting from your inexperienced limbs, every novel expression crossing your upturned face, every syllable escaping your throat- every moment of every day I swell with joy at the very idea of you.  And I always will.

There was something very tender about reading this while cuddling my own baby daughter.  It made me think of all the hopes and dreams I have for little Jillian.  There are so many things I want to teach her and share with her.  There is so much ahead of her and I can't wait to see what she does with her precious life.

2 comments:

Chace & Rivka said...

Cute! And all good advice. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful little Jilly! I think Tilly wants to meet her! When will you be in Chicago next?!

Suzie Soda said...

Cute book and some good advice. xoxo