11.01.2010

November 1

We made it to November!  It's lovely to say that this baby will be here sometime in this month.  Bryan and I are trying really hard to not get our hearts set on the 12th, we've been warned about late first babies.  But I can't help but hope she'll be here around then!

I'm trying to find lots of things to keep me busy so I don't just sit and stare at the clock willing it to move faster.  Here is our list of Things To Do To Keep From Going Crazy Before Baby Comes:

- I'm working on some crafts for the baby's room, but I had a minor setback when my hot glue gun caught on fire- very scary experience.  Pictures will come soon Suzie, I promise!
- Christmas presents!  I am almost done with all my Christmas shopping since I figured it would be much easier to do now than in a month.  Christmas shopping isn't complete without Christmas music, and since I am a tad bit large, uncomfortable, and ornery these days Bryan hasn't dared to tell me it's too early for Christmas music.  I'm thinking about being pregnant every November (haha...)
- I go for a long walk almost every day.  Turns out walking is quite a bit slower and more boring than running, but running is quite impossible right now.  I have loved listening to lots of books while walking.
- Our new bishop decided I needed something to keep me busy and called me to be the first counselor in our Relief Society presidency.  This has been extremely overwhelming considering the average age of our Relief Society is 72 (no joke), I still only know a handful of people, and I'm about to have a baby!  But, it's good to have a challenge, and they've been so sweet about not giving me too much responsibility since I'll be out of commission for a couple weeks.
- We're celebrating Bryan's Birthday Week the coupon way.  Sometimes I wonder how I lived before I met Janssen, I've gotten so many great ideas from her.  I followed her advice and signed Bryan up for every single birthday coupon I could find.  We've enjoyed free Coldstone and free Dairy Queen, and have a pile of coupons still to use (no, they aren't all ice cream, but we wouldn't mind if they were!)

If you have any other suggestions, we'll take them.  It could be a long few weeks around here!

3 comments:

Janssen said...

Aren't you nice? I love free food!

Suzie Soda said...

Can't wait to see the room. I couldn't get your mom on the phone today untial later to sing her HBD and thought maybe she was on the plane. She was in the nursery at institute. I hope the baby comes on time for you...the last few weeks are always brutal. But it will go by fast and you will be amazed that you have this little precious bundle of joy. I am so excited for you and for your mom ( being a grammy is awesome). It is good that you are staying busy. Congrats on your calling..you will be great. xoxo

Shauna said...

I've been trying to come up with some helpful advice for the last few days/weeks, but I can't really think of anything. I guess all I have to say is - hang in there! We'll be praying for you! Make sure you blog as soon as you can after it happens - I'm dying to see little Miss Martinez!