11.12.2010

Happy Due Date!

It looks as though this little girl has much to learn about punctuality (one of the traits I value most.)  But that's okay, we still like her.

Tonight we're taking on the Prego Pizza at Skipolini's.  Here's the Legend:

"In the spring of 1981, a woman desperate to give birth after a trying pregnancy, wandered into Skipolini's Pizza in downtown Clayton. Jokingly, the woman demanded that the manager give her a pizza that would make her have the baby soon. Seeing her desperation, the manager concocted a pizza with just about every known topping in the restaurant.

The masterpiece had thirteen different toppings including extra onions and extra garlic. The pizza was loaded with fresh vegetables and six types of meat. The creation weighed over four pounds and could have cured the hunger of several small countries. The results were amazing. The woman left the restaurant after eating the "Prego" pizza and went into labor that same evening. So began the amazing history of the first ever, the original, "Prego" pizza."


While the description of the pizza makes me cringe, Bryan's mouth has been watering all week.  I think he was secretly hoping that the baby wouldn't come so we could try it out.  There are Success Stories from 37 women on the website, hopefully I'll be number 38!  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Oh bless your heart! She's going to come I know it! Look at all those success stories :) That gives me hope! If it works, I may have to have you mail me some of that pizza frozen and we'll see what we can do for our little girl.

What a fun tradition for this restaurant! Love it! I hope your little girl will be punctual and come today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Shauna said...

My sister-in-law totally did that. I don't think she went into labor that day, but she had her baby within a few days... GOOD LUCK! I hope it works for you!!

Kali and JT said...

post a pic of your belly!!!! I hope she comes like NOW!!!

Katie said...

Good luck! I hope she comes soon!

Court said...

You too huh? Let me know if it works for you, because if it does I'll find a way to get something like it up here!
You've been on my mind all week. Good Luck!--I'll be praying for you.

Judi said...

Oh rach! Nobody has been pregnant forever! Have you been having any contractions? I hope she comes soon and I hope her head is small :)

Jana said...

hahahaha. best. legend. ever. hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Chalk one up for the preggo pizza!!!! :)

Brie and Jeff said...

Saw you had Jillian. Checked your blog for pictures. It looks like the pizza has done it again! I'm for sure making a mental note on that one. I love that there is such a thing and I love that it worked. ;)

Janssen said...

Glad I'm not the only person who went over (although I was EIGHT DAYS late). Congrats on the new baby!