10.04.2010

Conference Weekend

We thoroughly enjoyed our last child-free General Conference.  On Saturday, Bryan was gone so I put my aching body in the bath and watched Conf online- it was delightful.  Between sessions we went to explore Old Town Sacramento and came home with a bag full of tasty taffy.  The rule was that you got to eat a piece of taffy for every talk you stayed awake for.  It was a brilliant plan because I think for the first time in my life I stayed awake the whole time!  On Sunday we made these amazing cinnamon rolls (and when I say we I mean mostly Bryan because whenever a recipe requires letting the dough rise for an hour, then 45 minutes, then an hour again I lose interest.)  My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's (not a surprise, his usually are my fav.)  If you missed any, or if you just want to listen again go here.

Completely unrelated funny story- A few days ago we bought our tickets to fly to Richmond for Christmas (yea! yea! yea!)  This morning I called the airline to let them know that I will have an infant flying with me (yea! yea! yea!)  The girl asked me what the child's name was and I was like, "Uh, she's not born yet so she doesn't have a name."  The girl laughed and told me that she couldn't add an infant without a name so I have to call back when she makes her debut and has a name.  So, it is the responsibility of each and every one of you to remind me to call the airline because I have a feeling there will be a lot of other things going on in my brain around that time.

5 comments:

Shauntel said...

And a few more heads up: You need a birth certificate for little No Name (we didn't have one yet when we flew the first time with her - they let me pass with proof of birth from the hospital and her SS card). And you do have to have "boarding pass" for her. When you get to the airport, go to the check in counter. They'll print one and attach it to your ticket (since she's a lap baby).

And pack a few extra onesies and a shirt for you in your carry on. Blow outs just ache to occur on flights across the country. :)

Just a few lovely flying with infant tips. :)

Judi said...

First off, you look so cute. Second off, your getting so close.
Third, just keep remembering that sweet, precious, newborn in your arms and you can make it! I am jealous. I LOVE newborns. I love having babies! Oh it is fun. And Lastly, I thought it was fun to be huge. We use to make jokes about me all the time. Like when I would lay down on the bed, mike would go flying off and be like, "holy cow, you are so huge you made a tidal wave in the bed." It was fun. So enjoy being big!

Kali and JT said...

Yeah I just bring the birth certificate... oh and I think they have to be at least two weeks old. Also I nurse during take off and landing... works like a charm. I am just getting SO excited for you!

tracy said...

You're coming to see me for Christmas...??? Kidding! :) Hope all is well with you and baby.

tracy said...

Her name is Emily, right, right? That was our girl name in case Sam was a Samette.

Or Sarah...or .......