8.31.2009

Home Sweet Home

Today I was at school from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm so it's a darn good thing that I love my classroom. This year I got the premium location- very front of the school right across from the office. I can make a quick exit, I have two big windows, and I can easily send my kids across the hall to the principal's office if needs be. I spent many hours this summer fixing up my new room only to go into a panic the night before school started because I was worried it was too girly. But, so far none of the boys have complained so I'm sticking with it.

Here are some pictures of my home away from home. My theme this year is Fifth Grade Hits the Spot.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

It's SO CUTE, Rach!! And definitely not too girly. Just the right about of girly. And of course the boys love the classroom because they love YOU. I am enjoying the frequency of the posts! It makes me feel like I'm not so far away. Thank you, Rach! And thank you for posting pictures! I'm still waiting for pictures of your new Ann Taylor skirt. Seriously.

Janssen said...

Okay, I know my schools are about 80 years old, but I can't get over how NEW and AWESOME your classroom is.

Strong Clan said...

Your classroom is amazing!!!

Judi said...

Cute rach. I would have loved for you to be my teacher. I was taller than my 5th grade teacher, so no worries!

Vanessa said...

No worries, Rachel, I covered my room in hot pink and flowers everywhere! And I teach high school! The boys definitely noticed, but they think it's funny. :) Your room looks so cool! I love the theme! Good luck with those kids, they sound like a handful. But I know that you are up to the task. Plus, it's nice to know that with teachers like you, they won't be such a nightmare by the time they get to me!

Suzie Soda said...

very clean and sheik..your mom would be proud. xoxox