8.30.2009

What a Week!

In my first full week of school I realized the honeymoon was over. My kids got a little more rambunctious and I realized just how big fifth graders are! Quite a few are taller than me, and we just can't fit all of them and their desks in our room, it's so crowded! We'll have to work on that next week, along with a few other things. :)

Meanwhile, my mom and 3 sisters came for the week. They came down one day to meet my kids and help out in my classroom, which was so nice of them. We also had a big sleepover at our apartment one night (it was extremely crowded, but very fun.) We went to a few family picnics during the week and it was great to see lots of cousins. We also watched fabulous movies like Hannah Montana and Seventeen Again. Katie moved into her new apartment, which is 2 blocks further away from us, but still within 5 blocks so we can handle it. We also made the usual journey to Park City for some shopping. It was a wonderful week, and I was so sad to see them go.

Unfortunately, my new camera didn't arrive until Thursday so we don't have pictures to document the week, but from now on I promise the pictures will be back!

Tomorrow is Bryan's last first day of school. We're both very excited for him to start his graduate program because that means there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but we're also well aware of the busy and difficult year ahead. This is just one of Bryan's books and its 4 inch thick spine is enough to make me want to break down in tears. Luckily I married a Civil Engineering genius. Go Bryan!

3 comments:

{amy k.} said...

That's so fun to be able to spend time with mom and sisters... glad you guys had fun! I bet your students LOVE you!

Suzie Soda said...

Glad they could come. Can't wait to talk to your mom
and hear all the news. xoxoxo

Katie said...

Hi Rachel...
I hope you don't mind - I'm blog stalking you. :)
Hope you are well - and it looks like you guys are! :)
love
Katie Leake Harrison