3.24.2009

I am outraged.

Warning: This is not a pleasant post. This is probably the angriest and most obnoxious post I have ever written. If you would like to continue thinking of me as a sweet, happy, go with the flow kinda girl do not keep reading (that may possibly apply to 1 person...not sure who you are though.)

This past weekend some terrible person broke into an elementary school in Provo and stole 60 to 80 laptops. First off, I can't believe someone would do this to children. I mean, does anyone have a conscience anymore? And, what a pain. Why couldn't they steal from a multi-million dollar company that could afford to replace $100,000 of stolen goods instead of a poor school district that already has to lay off tons of teachers?

And it gets worse.

I was reading the article about the theft online, and an ignorant, self-absorbed, psychotic jerk wrote this,
"Wow that sucks, I hope they catch the bad guys and get full restitution. One Question: Teachers were there Sunday night? I thought they only worked 5 days a week 7 hours a day and 9 months out of the year? Huh"

Oh geez. Here comes my rampage:
1) Pretty sure there is not a single teacher in the world that spends less than 50 hours a week on school, that can be 10 hours a day 5 days a week, or maybe 9 hours a day 5 days a week plus 5 hours 1 day...you get the point.
2) Basically we live at school- mornings, nights, weekends- trust me, there is always someone in the workroom making copies
3) Teachers are in school Aug 1 to May 30 (which is 10 months for all those who passed 2nd grade) as well as various June and July conferences and workshops.
4) Did you really just accuse teachers of stealing computers from a school? Pretty sure making life more complicated by taking away computers is the last thing a teacher would do.

Please still love me and forgive me, I don't have a husband at home to listen to my rantings and ravings

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

About what? I am confused.

Suzie Soda said...

That is terrible. What are people thinking? Although when Greg's parents were on their mission in Oregon man years ago, some missionasries broke into a school and stole computers. So I guess there are all kinds of crazy people..that seem so normal and nice.
I am sorry. I have great respect for teachers and all that they give and do. I hope they recover them.xoxoxox

Lisa said...

I heard about this from Rachel's facebook status and I was so upset. So disappointing. And anyone who accuses teachers of not giving enough is definitely asking for it!

Strong Clan said...

I read that article about that guy who said that we don't give enough...I was thinking that he should SUB for your class or mine for a week and give him all the papers, parents, and meetings that go along with the job.