8.07.2008

A Night at Our House

Last night Bry and I watched Pay it Forward. I knew about it, but had never seen it before. I really liked it and thought it had a cute message. I feel like now I have to find 3 people to do nice things for so I can pay it forward. (Beware, I'm about to give the movie away.) But, I never knew that the little boy dies at the end! It was like he was my son and he had died. I was crying my eyes out and couldn't stop. Like, I really couldn't stop. So Bryan went into "stop Rachel before this place turns into a swimming pool" mood. We tried watching some episodes from The Office, which should have solved everything, but it was to no avail. I didn't stop crying until I was brushing my teeth. Bryan told me that you should sing happy birthday while brushing your teeth and that is how long you should brush. I believed him of course and looked completely ridiculous humming happy birthday while brushing my teeth. Well, in case any of you have husbands who tell you things like this, it's not true! I finished singing long before my teeth were clean. Turns out he made it all up, but it did the job. I was laughing so hard that my tears finally stopped. Bryan saves the night.

On a completely different note, I finally have carpet in my classroom after waiting all summer. Hooray! That means I'm back to my second home, getting ready for school to start in 11 days- AHHH!

3 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I know I love that movie too but it is sooooo sad. I dont' know if I cried that much but i did cry a lot. It seems like the best movies always have to have someone die. Why is that?

Strong Clan said...

Rach - you are sooo cute! And I totally cried to. I even own the movie and I still cry.
It was so good to see you at school. Will adores you too and was glad to finally figure out who you are.
And...finally...Gledhill we shall talk...and finally finally...Will ALWAYS tells me something silly when I am sad too!

Suzie Soda said...

Rachie.....you are a cutie and a softie. I loved that movie. Kevin Spacey went to my high school in California. He is a good actor.I think the Happy Birthday thing is funny being told to a girl whose father is a dentist. Maybe your dad should try that with the kids...except tell them to sing it 3 or 4 times.
Glad Bryan hasn't lot his touch. xoxoxo