8.25.2008

Come, Come ye Saints

Once upon a time I arrived in Provo, Utah for my first year at BYU. Every hour, on the hour I heard those magnificent bells chime the classic hymn "Come, Come ye Saints." In that first week I thought that this hymn was chosen specifically for that time when people seemed to be gathering to Provo. Later, I realized this song was played every hour on the hour every day of every year. But, I still like to think of it as a gathering hymn for the beginning of a new school year.

This year it is with mixed feelings that I proclaim "come, come ye saints." This has been my first summer living in Provo and I have reveled in the greatly decreased amounts of traffic. I love being able to get to work in 10 minutes as opposed to 20. I love not having to wait in line for 2 hours at the grocery store. I love that the Redbox still has good movies all the way until 8:00 on Friday nights. I love not having to dodge pedestrians as I am driving. I love that the line at Movies 8 doesn't go past the first row of cars in the parking lot. I have loved the peace of summer.

But, I am looking forward for the excitement of another year. I'm excited for old friends to come back, and most of all I'm excited for Katie and Chad to get here!!! (Even though I know our food supply will soon be struggling under the weight of 4 instead of 2!)

So, hurry up my friends, the bells are calling.
welcome back everyone!!!
http://www.theconglomerate.org/music/index.html

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Rach! You make it sound so charming! It almost makes reading about the tax implications of the 4 types of mergers and acquisitions seem worth it! Can't wait to see you again!

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

Rach.. you guys are too nice! We got your letter the other day:) Thanks so much! You really didn't need to mail me that 3 dollars. We cant wait to hang out again. Lets make it soon. Thanks again. Love you tons!