11.21.2014

five fact friday

1.  Mattie went to nursery for the first time last Sunday.  I was sure it was going to be a complete flop, but as long as someone besides me dropped her off (Bryan took her initially and then after they brought her to me for a diaper change my friend took her back into nursery) she did great.  Can I get a hallelujah?!


2. I've grown soft in the past few years and was not prepared for the polar vortex to come and suck all warmth from my life.  On Tuesday it was a whopping 27 degrees and super windy.  I really thought we might all die while running from the car into the gym.  It's been better since then- still very cold but sunny and I'm developing coping mechanisms- fuzzy socks, hot cocoa, and at least 15 layers on at all times.

3. I couldn't hold it in anymore- I busted out a few Christmas decorations.  We put a little Christmas tree in Jilly's bedroom and I love how magical it feels.  Janssen posted her Christmas book list which was all the convincing I needed to find and wrap all our Christmas books and then go on a library book requesting frenzy.


4. Yesterday we had some work done on our car so we were stuck at home all day.  I'm usually go-go-go and can't stand to spend a whole day at home but it was actually an amazing day.  We read books, made cookies, and did a Thanksgiving craft.  The girls got to wear dress-up all day long, play with dolls, and have a tea party.  I vacuumed and mopped, and everyone helped clean the basement.  Perhaps we should have days at home more often (but not too often because I would go crazy.)

5.  I know some people hate these mini carts, but we just had to make a quick trip for a couple things and thanks to this cart it was the dreamiest shopping experience.  Jilly happily followed right behind me and I could carry ultra sleepy Mattie the whole time, which she loved.  Now let's just hope Jilly forgets about these carts next time when we have a more extensive shopping list 

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for reminding me about the Christmas books. I need to get on that! Glad nursery was a success!