7.28.2014

Sandbridge 2014

On our way home from the beach I told Bryan it was a pretty much perfect week.  He laughed and told me I always said that, but I insisted this time I really meant it.  (He could have reminded me of the night I declared"I need a vacation from my vacation!" and he sent me off to get a Dr. Pepper with my sister but he's smarter than that.)  It was a big year- my grandparents, my immediate family, and three of my aunts and their families all stayed in one house.  Crowded, yes, but so fun.  I laughed until I cried on many occasions


Yet again, our girls were in heaven at the beach.  Jilly could build sand castles all the livelong day and was pretty good at convincing people to help her.



Mattie is a little water baby.  She loved the ocean and would fearlessly sprint out into the water so we had to always be on guard.  She also was a huge fan of beach chairs.




Jilly and Mattie don't quite get the concept that vacation = sleeping in.  For most of the week one or both girls was up by 5:55 which, conveniently, was sunrise.  I didn't love getting up so early every day but I did enjoy a few morning runs on the beach with my dad, and it was fun to get some early beach time before anyone else was up.


I am the oldest of all the cousins so my youngest cousins are just a little bit older than my girls.  Jilly and Mattie love all these cute girls and were in heaven having so many friends around all the time.






My girls are the only grandkids/great-grandkids so I was very spoiled with help and the girls were totally spoiled with attention







I have gone to the beach with my grandparents nearly every summer of my life and I think it's so fun that my girls will also have these memories with Grandma and Grandpa Rice



Everyone takes a night to feed the masses and my mom's night was by far the best







You didn't think we'd leave the beach without a jumping picture


4 comments:

Shauna said...

Sounds like a fun trip! My poor kids don't even know what a beach is.

The Daytons said...

Such a fun family tradition! Love you suit by the way, where did you get it? So cute!

Erick and Megan said...

Oh that does look like the perfect beach week! And the crab fest looked delicious! You girls sure know how to rock the jumping pic! I was so impressed and ur shadows looked so cool! I can't figure out which darling girl u r tho!!

Lisa said...

Looks like a perfect week. Super impressed you got up and ran!