7.26.2014

Six on Saturday

Some highlights from our first full week as Marylanders not on vacation.

1)  On Saturday night I gave the girls their first bath in the new house and while I was busy trying to get them to look and smile at the same time I didn't notice a few unwanted floaties care of Mattie joining the bath.  I quickly got the girls out then drained and cleaned the tub.  Definitely an eventful (if unpleasant) first bath.


2) The mosquitos are throwing a rager of a Welcome to Baltimore party for us.  The second we step outside my sweet girls are surrounded by evil bloodsuckers.  We now bathe in bug spray.  Also, the cockroaches- blech.  But, we found this cute bunny out on a walk one morning.  


3)  On Tuesday night I left the girls home with Bryan and met my parents and sisters Katie and Jenn at the Washington D.C. Temple.  There aren't words to tell you how happy this made me.


 4) We experienced our first thunderstorm this week.  My California girls were in awe - Jilly was extremely concerned that the road was going to turn into a river and wash the cars away.  


5) This week we've mastered Target (twice), Costco, Ikea, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Walmart, the mall, and the library.  I've pushed the girls to the limit and they've let me know it.  Friday was a total bust, but snowcones and a 7:00 bedtime made everything all better.


6) Lastly, a little sneak peek at the one small spot in our house that is pretty much done.  That bannister has Christmas garland written all over it; I can hardly wait til December.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

That corner of the house is looking beautiful. I can't wait to see it for Christmas! For a second with the mosquito comment, I was hoping I could get you to move back but then I imagined how amazing that would be to go to the DC temple with your parents and Katie. I then made peace with the fact that we've lost you for good, but to a wonderful place. What a special way to get together! Will you guys be able to do that often?