5.02.2014

five on friday

While You Were Sleeping- Jilly has had terrible allergies lately, which has made her super tired.  The girl who previously had completely given up naps took four 2+ hour naps this week.  One day she fell asleep right in the middle of eating a snack (see the cracker on the pillow that didn't quite make it to her mouth?)  And another day this is how she fell asleep in the car.  Naps are welcome around here any ol' time.

 

Picnicking- Jilly begs to eat dinner "outside by the flowers" every single night.  And we often do just that.  Usually we bring the high chair out for Mattie (buying a high chair with wheels was the best accident I've ever made) but on Sunday I was feeling adventurous so I let her sit on the blanket with the rest of us.  She wandered around picking food off of everyone's plates and by the end of the meal was cooooovered in sticky sweet mess and was happier than she's ever been.


Sleep, glorious sleep- Mattie girl has slept through the night the past two nights.  She did it once when she was about 3 months old but hasn't repeated til this week.  Yes, she's almost a year old, but Jilly didn't sleep through the night til . . .never so Mattie is shattering my low low low sleep expectations.  (For the record- each night I was up with Jilly who requested a tissue/drink/backrub/etc. before going back to sleep.  It's a darn good thing I don't play favorites.)


Books- I had a rough reading week.  I started listening to Monuments Men, but realized that I had accidentally picked up an abridged version and it was just too jumpy for me.  I think I'd really like the book so I'll look for the real deal sometime soon.  Next I started listening to Fangirl.  Ummm, not for me.  Luckily I had just gotten an email saying Unbroken was on hold for me at the library so I am loving re-reading (listening) to that wonderful book.  Also, a friend dropped off The Blue Castle which has been a very fun read so far.  Crisis averted.

In Summmer- It may be May but we are in full summer mode.  Bike-riding, popsicles, watermelon, rompers, swimming, flip-flops, and open windows at night.  Ahhh, it feels good.

Happy Weekend!

0 comments: