5.19.2014

three and a half


Jilly turned 3 1/2 last week.  Sometimes she seems so grown up, but then other times she's still a crazy little girl.  She loves to dance and do tricks for us.  And, she loves to sing- she'll belt lyrics to princess songs and primary songs any chance she gets, especially when we're out shopping.  Her favorites are "I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands," "I am a Child of God," and "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream."

Another favorite activity is to discuss her Halloween costume.  She always starts with the princesses then gets silly, "Maybe I will be a table... or a tomato!"  One night right before saying prayers she said, "Maybe I will be Jesus!"  She has 5 long months to decide and I'm 99.9% sure she'll end up being Elsa just like every other little girl in the universe.

Jilly begs alllllll day long to watch movies.  We both pretty much have Frozen memorized, and she loves all princess and Barbie movies.  She spends the whole week talking about what movie we'll find at the library on our weekly visit.  (It hurts my heart a bit that she's more excited about the movies than the books, but what can you do.)

Jilly loves chicken nuggets, pb&j sandwiches (cut into a heart shape), "granolar bars," strawberries, broccoli, chocolate milk, and rice.

She has started asserting her independence.  She loves to go through a different door or take a different path when we're walking somewhere.

She's already turning into me.  All the time I'll catch her saying the exact same thing I would say, and even in the same tone.  When Clark was upset about going home one day she said "I am so sorry you're sad Clark but we will just have to play another day" in her very best mom voice.  She's quite the bossy big sister (she learned from the best!)

Jilly is turning into such a great little friend for me.  I love that we can have real conversations and do fun things together.  She can drive me batty, but she is also sweet and funny and helpful and cheerful.  

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Jilly!