11.20.2013

thankful

Last year we made a thankful tree with real branches we found outside but this year I decided to make it a little more kid-friendly.  I rolled up brown craft paper for branches/trunk and hot glued them to a poster board.  We have enjoyed filling our tree up with construction paper leaves.


Jilly loves to pick out leaves and write on them and glue them up herself.  One day she grabbed a leaf and said "I thankful for home!"  Melt my heart.

(Did you notice that Bryan had to clarify that I am the one grateful for a cell phone- yet I'm pretty sure he couldn't live without his either.)

Between our Thankful Tree and this month's Friend magazine, we've been talking a lot about being grateful, and it's fun to see Jilly really excited about saying thank you.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute! I have thought about doing one of these for years. Maybe next year I will!