11.22.2013

Friday Five

1. Can we talk about 3-year-old tantrums?  Everyone warned me 3 was worse than 2 but I thought there was no way.  I stand corrected.  It's like the moment she turned 3 Jilly's tantrums escalated into full-out screaming, kicking, crying, total meltdowns.  Too many treats, not enough sleep, and a lingering cold are definitely part of the problem, but if this lasts all year we may not make it.  My wise mother who survived 6 three-year-olds suggested making a happy chart so we're trying it out.  Here's hoping.


2. While making Jell-o Jigglers this week for preschool (betcha can't guess what letter we did) I burned my hand.  I was stirring my first batch and left the burner on to heat up the water for the second batch. I moved the pan to a different burner but the handle was over the hot burner and when I grabbed that handle yowza!!!  I had to sleep with an ice pack in my hand and have little blisters on some of my fingers and palm.

3. My friend gave us an exersaucer that her kids had grown out of (there are few things more exciting to me than hand-me-downs.)  We never had one with Jilly and I'm wondering how we ever survived.  Mattie loves her new toy, and of course I do too.

4.  Some things we've been loving lately: Target cartwheel app, playing game after game after game of Uno, these banana pumpkin muffins, Christmas music, Duck Dynasty, playing with leftover birthday balloons, Insurgent (equally as good as Divergent), Mattie sitting up, tissues (there has been at least one runny nose in our house at all times for the past 3 weeks), and glitter (working on Christmas projects!)

5. Even though Thanksgiving is super late this year, it totally snuck up on me.  We are heading down to AZ and are so lucky to get to see both sides of our family.  We'll get to meet our sweet new nephew Knox and see his family, and spend time with all of my family (hooray!)

3 comments:

The Daytons said...

We love Duck Dynasty too! Haha, such a crazy random show, but so entertaining. I love you give thanks banner by the way!

The Daytons said...

We love Duck Dynasty too! Haha, such a crazy random show, but so entertaining. I love you give thanks banner by the way!

Lisa said...

So sorry about your hand! I spent forever making rainbow jello for toddler time last year and no one ate it. Awesome. Thanks for reminding me about the exersaucer. I hope miles likes it. We got one from Tasha for Blake but I couldn't use it because of all of his issues, his physical therapist nixed basically every useful baby holder.