11.04.2013

thirty

Today is Bryan's 30th birthday.  In his honor, I have compiled 30 Things to Know and Love about Bryan.

1. He went on a mission for our church to Fortaleza, Brazil
2. While there he lost 30 pounds and grew 2 inches
3. He's terrible at folding clothes; I re-fold nearly every shirt he folds
4. But he always offers to help fold laundry
5. He does the very best voices when reading to Jilly
6. He plays guitar and sings quite well
7. He hates an audience and will stop if he feels like I'm paying too much attention to him play
8. In college he bought a Pathfinder that was technically midnight blue but was often mistaken for purple

9. He prefers vanilla ice cream over chocolate
10. He hates green onions, they're the one thing he won't eat
11. If there was a fire, he would make sure the girls and I were out then go back for his bike
12. He loves scary movies
13. He played freshman football but didn't have a very successful career because he was such a shrimp
14. Until one year ago he knew maybe 3 princesses; now he can name them all and tell their stories in detail
15. This is his current driver's license picture

16. I don't know approximately 50% of the words in his resume.  Geomorphology?
17. He puts hot sauce on nearly everything
18. In high school he played trumpet in the marching band and jazz band
19. He is extremely patient- good thing to be in a house full of girls

20. He'll hate me for this, but he says "woof" instead of "wolf"  Kills me every time (Bryan, see #19)
21. In college he had a roommate named Bryan so he was always Bmar.  Everyone knew we were getting serious when I started calling him Bryan instead of Bmar.
22. If I'd make it, he'd eat Mexican food every.single.night.
23. He hates dancing.  We have danced together exactly twice in the eight years we've known each other.  But, he's a sucker for dancing with Jilly
24. He has an excellent sense of direction. He can get around better in my hometown than I can.
25. He's a great handy man- in the 2 years we've lived here he's painted the whole house, installed crown molding, tiled a floor and bathroom, taken out our old vanity and installed a new one, built a bookshelf, fixed doors, windows, sinks, garbage disposal, door bell, toilets, etc. I'm sure I'm missing a lot
26. He has run one half marathon and one full marathon.  
27. Before his marathon he said it would be his one and only but now he says he would like to do one again sometime (whenever his grouchy wife is willing to let him spend that much time training again)

28. When he was little Bryan broke his thumb and his brother (whose fault it was) convinced Bryan not to tell their parents because they'd both get in trouble.  (They eventually found out.)
29.  He's worked at a grocery store, as a pool cleaner (wish I had known him then :) ), an IT guy at BYU, a research assistant, as call-in IT support, internships in mechanical engineering and civil engineering in Pleasanton, CA, West Valley, UT, and South Jordan, UT, and his current job at WEST.
30. He's the best man I know

Happy Birthday Bry, I love you!

3 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

You forgot that he is an excellent brother in law and uncle. And I love the part about saving his bike in a fire. Love you Bryan. Happy birthday!

Emily said...

I think the real treat in this post is that drivers license picture. Bry, you've never looked better ;) Happy birthday!! What a fun tribute post to him!

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday, Bryan! These all made me smile but 11 and 15 definitely made me laugh. :)