11.14.2011

Birthdaypalooza Part 2

We had a fun second weekend of birthday celebrations with Bryan's parents.  On Saturday while Bryan and his dad worked on the house his mom and I made cupcakes, shopped, and played with the birthday girl.  That night we went to Red Robin for birthday burgers.

On Sunday morning we went to church.  It was lovely to have two extra adults to wrestle with and entertain the birthday girl.  After church and  Jilly's nap we went on a walk.  The fall weather was absolutely perfect.


When we got home Jilly opened her presents.  We got her her favorite kitty book because we had reached the limit of how many times we could renew it from the library.

Bryan's parents got her a baby doll and crib.  She walked around the family room saying "baby baby baby" and lifting the baby in and out of her crib.

She also got some letter magnets, a baby stroller, a ball popper, some cute clothes, and a piano which has been the source of some crazy dance parties in the past 24 hours.

After dinner it was party time.   We had snickerdoodle cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate cupcakes with raspberry frosting.  I liked the cream cheese frosting best, and Bryan liked the raspberry frosting.  Apparently we didn't even notice the cupcakes beneath.  I made Jilly a mini cake in a mug and frosted it with both frostings.  I found the free cupcake toppers here (and just remembered that I forgot to tie a ribbon on the stick like they did... oh well.)


We sang Happy Birthday and I helped blow out the candle.  Jilly just stared at the cake for a minute.  I gave her a taste on a spoon then she started licking the frosting a little bit.  Finally Bryan gave her a cupcake and because it was small enough for her to hold she went to town on it.  And we ended the night with a very messy and happy one year old!
Janssen, is this looking familiar?  I'm afraid I copied a lot from Ella's birthday party

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Ha! I'm so glad you did! Now I need to eat that raspberry frosting again. YUM.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little Jilly!! Bring on the honey and peanut butter :) It sure is delicious!! I can't believe our babies are growing up!! We need to stop blinking or they'll be 16 before we know it.