11.06.2011

Birthdaypalooza Part 1

My husband is now 28.  28, like 2 years away from 30.  I know what you're thinking- I look way too young to have a 28 year old husband.  And, it's true, I do.  But, it is a fact and so we must move on.

For his birthday on Friday Bryan requested a quiet night at home.  We grilled pizza (um, why did I waste so many pizzas in the oven?!?!) and drank icy cold cream soda out of glass bottles.  In lieu of cake Bryan asked for "cookie sandwiches with chocolate cake mix cookies and vanilla ice cream in the middle and hot fudge drizzled on top."  His wish was my command.  And now I know that I didn't just marry him for his good looks, I also married him for his amazing dessert creations.


On Saturday our favorite Schaders came to visit.  We went to Squeeze Inn and each ate one of these beauties.
that, my friends, is what we call a "cheese skirt"

We had planned on hanging out downtown Sacramento but thanks to the rain and the pounds of delicious melted cheese we consumed we opted to just sit at home and gush over these two cuties

Then, to top off a great weekend Jilly wore this to church today- too bad it doesn't come in my size too.

Don't worry- birthday celebrations are far from over around here.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

I love cheese with an unholy passion, but. . .that cheese skirt freaks me out.

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

first, I love Jilly's dress, Second I love that hamburgers skirt and I would like one please.