5.09.2011

Mother's Day

All my life I wanted to be a mother.  And, even with its occasional frustration and exhaustion, it is so so so much better than I ever imagined it would be.  I never knew you could love a little person this much.

Mother's Day 2011

Bryan and I were both lucky to be raised by wonderful mothers.  We are so grateful for their love and all they have taught us.  Yesterday we were able to spend the day with Bryan's mom and lots of the Griffin side family.  Jillian finally got to meet a relative her age- Bryan's cousin's little girl Tylee is 5 months older than Jilly and they had fun together.  

Yesterday we went to 2 Sacrament Meetings (a friend was giving his mission farewell talk) and in both meetings the speakers quoted this article from Sister Pat Holland.  This morning I read the whole article and loved her profound insights.  She says, "I believe mother is one of those very carefully chosen words, one of those rich words—with meaning after meaning after meaning. We must not, at all costs, let that word divide us. I believe with all my heart that it is first and foremost a statement about our nature, not a head count of our children."  

1 comments:

Janssen said...

I know JUST what you mean. My heart wants to explode with love for my little girl. I can't believe it.