5.13.2011

6 Months


It has been quite a month for Miss Jillian Kate.  New developments include:
- She's now a sitter-  She is still a little wobbly so I have to watch her closely, but she sits up all by herself.
- She's a mover-  She can't crawl yet and she chooses not to roll, but she's very proficient at scooting herself around.  Every time I set her down I find her in a different position.
- She's an official solid food eater-  She was not crazy about rice cereal (who would be crazy about that mush?) but she's also had pears and sweet potatoes and she loved them.  Evidence shown here:
- She's a noisemaker-  Her favorite sound to make is a growl; there are few things more hilarious to us than being woken up in the morning by a growl coming from the crib.
- She's a scaredy cat-  The vacuum, my hair dryer, and her dad's sneezes are all terrifying to Jilly.
- She's opinionated-  That girl knows what she wants and she knows how to tell me- unfortunately she usually wants things like our laptop, my cell phone, and the remote control instead of all her fabulous toys.
- She's a social butterfly- She'll smile and talk to anyone who acknowledges her.  Yesterday I was checking out  at JoAnns and the cashier said, "You were here a couple weeks ago; I remember your baby.  She was so cute and smiled at  me.  I went home and told my husband we need another baby."  Jilly is already doing her duty to "multiply and replenish the earth."

Clearly I'm a little biased, but I think Jillian is probably the greatest thing on this earth.  We're so lucky to have had these six months with her and many many more to come.

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Okay, seriously? Your Jilly is perfectly adorable. I simply can't get enough of her chubby smiles. She's sooooo cute.

Also, I totally approve of your fake bake photo. A cancer free tan? I'd take one right now, that's for sure!

P.S. Belle didn't care much for rolling. She didn't even do it til she was six months, and then it was like just a few times. Who needs rolling when you can scoot?

Janssen said...

She is SO cute! I just want to squeeze her little cheeks (and thighs!)

Katie said...

She is so adorable, even when super messy!