5.14.2011

happy half birthday

As you may have noticed, I can't pass up any excuse for a party and Jillian's half birthday was definitely celebration-worthy.  Luckily, I have a husband and friends who humored me and were willing to have a little half birthday celebration for Jilly.


Jillian wore her most festive party bow for the occasion and I got out our birthday banner.  After the picture was taken Bryan covered half the letters in birthday to make it a half birthday.  Thus our sign read "Happy Brty."  I made the colorburst cupcakes from ourbestbites.com (anyone else feel like they're friends with Kate and Sara?) and attempted to make their perfect cupcake frosting but it was an epic fail (completely delicious but completely the wrong texture.)  We decided to give Jilly a cupcake and see what she did with it.  We kept her paci in so she wouldn't eat it but it turns out the precaution was unnecessary- she wouldn't even touch the cupcake!  Apparently her sweet tooth is still developing.

3 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

You are awesome! What a good mom to throw a half birthday party!

Brittany said...

So cute. I want to make those cupcakes too. I lover their site.

Lisa said...

She looked so cute and those cupcakes are amazing! I'll have to try making them! I'd say the party was a huge success.