9.14.2010

Tour de Casa

Our apartment is definitely a work in progress.  We still need some pillows and curtains, pictures need to be hung on the wall, and our headboard hasn't arrived yet.  But, we realized that we're having a baby in just two months(!) so we should probably take a break from other stuff and get ready for her.  So here is the "Work in Progress Tour."

Our little Eating Area- Bryan requested a tall table so he feels normal-sized 

Our Kitchen (from the eating area)  I like that when I'm doing dishes I can look up and remember my fabulous life in London

Our Living Room- Bryan did an awesome job of mounting the tv above the fireplace, and don't you love the curtain-less curtain rod?  

I love these shelves!

Our tiny bedroom- We  hadn't seen our actual apartment so when we moved in we were surprised to find that the "master" bedroom is much smaller than the other bedroom.  We spent a day debating if we should trade rooms, but the washer/dryer is in the master, and it's also connected to the bathroom and I didn't want anything disrupting her sleep.  So, the Little Miss gets the palatial room while we get to enjoy this cozy little room.

BEST part of our new apartment, this baby and I are very close friends.

(The nursery is not ready for it's photographical debut, I'll post pictures soon!)

8 comments:

Jana said...

Holy cow. beautiful home. how fun!

Suzie Soda said...

Very cute Rachel. Can't wait to see the baby's room.
I love that I saw the vase I gave you with flowers in it....just like I pictured it. Good Luck! xoxo

Lisa said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

Janssen said...

Having a W/D in the apartment has CHANGED MY LIFE.

Emily said...

Love the house, love those shelves, love the washing machine, love you guys!! It looks such such a great place! Did you say you were the first to live in that unit? I can't remember....

Anyway, it looks great designer Rachel!

Roger said...

I'm glad that Bryan can finally feel like a normal person. It must be hard being freakishly tall. Love you guys.

Taylor said...

Super cute! I'm jealous of the W/D. One day we will have one of those again :)I figure you guys put in your time at the Union Square laundromat that you have earned your own!

Kali and JT said...

Oh I love it! So fabulous! Baby is coming soon, how are you feeling?!!